Valentine’s Day Essentials
Your mission should be to make this special day as personal as possible and, hopefully, last well beyond the actual Valentine?s Day. The best part is that you can make all the plans right from your PC and purchase every item online. Couldn?t be easier! The options are nearly endless, but here are a few ideas that we have tried and KNOW will work for you.
One of the most obvious and often overlooked gifts are personalized gift baskets of flowers or living plants. Flowers, the variety, number, and color, show you know what message you want to convey to your Valentine.
Some of the rose colors and their meanings are:
- Red; passionate and lasting love,
- Pink; admiration and appreciation,
- White; purity, friendship,
- Purple; love forever,
- Yellow; I care or I?m sorry.
Some additional varieties and their meanings are:
- Baby?s Breath; innocence or purity of heart,
- Carnations; respect, motherly love,
- Daisies; friendship, sympathy,
- Orchid; success
- Sunflower; fascination, magic
The number can be important too:
- Single; simple: You are the one!
- Six; I love you!
- Dozen; I love you with all my heart!
- 12 plus; I love you with all my heart and I?ve got the money!
Gift baskets can also include items you might not have thought about before, but are special and say you care. Consider including:
- The special bottle of wine you may have shared before to evoke lasting memories,
- Champagne & Chocolates make a decadent gift basket and pair together very well,
- Bath & Body baskets where you select the items to create a luxurious spa at home,
- A complete dinner delivered to your door such as a complete lobster feast (don?t forget the champagne or wine),
- Individually wrapped Tower of Boxes gift sets is unique and adds suspense as each is opened.
Valentine?s Day gifts that keep giving throughout the years say that you care, not just for the day, but for every day after. Some of our favorites include:
- Enrolling your special Valentine in a Wine Club that will provide remarkable selections sent to them periodically throughout the year.
- Create a personalized bottle of wine for your Valentine. You select the wine, choose a label design, and create YOUR personalized message for the label. You can even include special pictures and graphics!
- Don?t forget the glasses!!! They can be personalized as well and lets your Valentine know that you have planned every detail.
Our partner wine retailers will help you through the process of purchasing a Valentine?s Day gift that is personal, special, and, most importantly, maybe just keep you out of trouble this year!!
Check out our guide to buying wine online and join our mailing list to receive our free wine and food-pairing tips.
- Michael Zanatta
Michael is a freelance writer and wine connoisseur whose family vineyards are in the Veneto region of Italy.